Rubycom Ltd have been successfully providing corporate finance services to small and medium sized companies around Scotland for many years adding significant value to shareholders.
Working with management teams, owner managers and private equity firms, Rubycom’s corporate finance team has over thirty years combined corporate finance experience. The team has worked in various commercial business roles themselves, and therefore has significant experience at both sides of the desk.
Aimed at small and medium sized companies, Rubycom’s corporate finance offering is accessible to all small and medium sized companies in Scotland. Rubycom’s team have particular sector specialisms in food / drink, technology & manufacturing companies.
A summary of corporate finance services provided by Rubycom includes :
- Financial due diligence;
- M & A advisory;
- Transaction support services;
- Strategy and exit planning (including business sale);
- Equity fund raising, including investor decks and investor introductions;
- Seed capital and fund raising;
- Business / financial modelling;
- Company valuations;
- MBO’s and MBI’s.
Corporate Finance Support
Rubycom can also provide expert resource to support your business with a particular project or transaction. This could include purchasing and integrating a company into your existing company, or aligning your company for a sale.
We have undertaken several projects to raise new share capital monies for our clients over the past year. In all cases this was done swiftly and efficiently, in a cost effective way that added significant value both to our client and investors.
Furthermore, we have seen several examples of very expensive debt or working capital facilities in companies and have worked closely with our client companies to refinance this into a more affordable product.
Rubycom provides straight, no nonsense advice and gets the result you want or need. No fancy jargon, no high end fees, value for money, great to work with. Remember, our goal is always to Improve Financial Performance.
Benefits to your business of Rubycom’s corporate finance services include :
- ACCESSIBLE : fixed and contingent fees, making our service accessible to the vast majority of businesses;
- RESULTS : Rubycom have a history of delivering results and obtaining significant value for our clients;
- SKILLS, EXPERTISE & EXPERIENCE : you can get a very experienced, skilled, commercial team, with the right experience to work with you to drive your business forward.
Recent assignments undertaken by Rubycom include:
CASE STUDY 1 – Share Capital Funding
- Manufacturing company in the north of Scotland had stagnated due to a lack of capital and strategic plan. Rubycom worked with the business owner on a strategic plan for the business, identifying actions to drive growth. This involved successfully introducing new investors to the business, with around £1m of additional share capital injected into the company. The business is now well capitalized, growing quickly with strong financial results.
CASE STUDY 2 – Debt Funding
- Our Aberdeen based client had a very expensive debt funding facility and due to recent losses had been unable to refinance their debt products at a lower cost. Rubycom assisted with revised financial projections and actions to improve the financial performance of the business. Subsequently, an alternative debt funder was identified and facility put in place saving the business over £70k per annum in costs (every year going forward).
Scott at Rubycom has greatly improved our key business data, forecasting, business planning and strategic thinking around our business.MD, electronics manufacturing business, Morayshire.
The team at Rubycom have given our business great support this year in restructuring our debt finance to reduce costs. Cash management has greatly improved. Business performance is now improving quickly.General Manager, Automotive business, Aberdeen.
Scott very quickly got a firm handle on our business issues and worked fast to improve our management information, provide clarity on our financial performance, and improvements to our forecasting and ongoing cash management and profitability. Very impressive and excellent value provided in a short space of time.Owner / Director of manufacturing business, Inverness.
Scott of Rubycom provided invaluable support during the start up phase of our business. The constant focus on cash has been a great discipline and routine. We now have a business performing strongly, on the back of the input, advice and work provided by Rubycom.Events business, Edinburgh.